Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This does not do justice to the long road that is ahead. It shows the beautiful loneliness in some areas of our Country.

On this road I get on my bike and with one push the wind accelerates  me up to 31mph. I did not pedal once for at least 10 miles. It was great, fastest I have ridden in several years. I'll take it.

Today I'm in Colorado Springs, CO. A pretty little town ringed by enormous, snow capped Mts. Something we don't see in FL. The local bicycle club joined us as we rode into town and I  went with them for a 15 mile tour of the town. Very nice.  I asked about the length of their riding season and was surprised to find it lasted all year. The mountains protect them from heavy snows and what little they get melts quickly.

We spent the remaining hours at a HealthSouth facility working with  amputees and other problems. Got a 19 yr old boy, double amputee, on abicycle for the first time and the smile of joy on his face would bring tears to your eyes.  Great stuff !

Tomorrow we leave for TX and I'll report to you soon. I miss you all, you are a great group.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill, Great updates...we are rooting for you! We heard you are going to see our friend Emmy at Scottish Rite! Safe travels see you in July :). We love you...Brett, Jodi and Jake

    ReplyDelete